Iver3 Open System AUVs
The Iver3 EP open system AUVs incorporate all of the standard Iver3 features along with options for added forward payload sections and an intuitive API for remote helm applications. These autonomous systems benefit from 15 years of experience in building reliable systems with well over 300 AUVs shipped.
The EP model is an open system AUV, where the users can install their hardware and make software extensions to the vehicle without a custom design. L3 OceanServer provides physical space inside the forward section for user electronics as well as hull penetrators to make connections to external sensors.
The remote helm design model includes a separate CPU, which allows the users to install their own operating system that can connect to the added hardware. The second CPU communicates with the Iver3 control CPU through a serial port via a rich set of commands for remote helm control. The user applications are wide ranging including remote helm use with MOOS-IvP (Mission Oriented Operating Suite – Interval Programming) software.
Open System Models Available:
- No Forward Section
- Includes User 2nd CPU (remote helm) & drive in main section.
- 10″ Forward Section
- Includes User 2nd CPU (remote helm)
- 16″ Forward Section
- 6 External Ports
- Includes User 2nd CPU (remote helm)
- State of the art open system
- Models Available
- EP: No Forward Section. Includes User 2nd CPU (remote helm) & drive in main section.
- EP10: 10″ Forward Section. Includes User 2nd CPU (remote helm).
- EP16: 16″ Forward Section. 6 External Ports. Includes User 2nd CPU (remote helm).
- Reliable, efficient, simple to operate
- Launch and operate from shore
- Single person operation
- Affordable systems
- Intuitive mission planner – mission planning in minutes
- Field rugged
- Compact design
- Extended operation time
- Wide variety of high resolution sonar options
- Standard Length: 60-85 in. (longer if payload section added)
- 5.8 in.
- 59-85 lb.
- 100 meters
- 8 to 14 hours at speed of 2.5 knots, configuration dependent
- 1 to 4 knots (0.5 to 2.0 m/s)
- Wireless 802.11n Ethernet standard (Iridium and Acomms optional)
- Navigation Lights with IR and visible LEDs (programmable strobe)
Tracking Internal Data Log
- Programmable resolution
- Surface: PS (WAAS corrected)
- Subsurface: RPI Doppler Velocity Log (DVL), 81 m range, depth sensor and corrected compass
- VectorMap: Mission planning and data viewing
- Sonarmosaic: Creates GeoTIFF images of side-scan records and KMZ files for Google Earth
- Bathymosaic: Creates GeoTIFF images for bathymetric data
- Underwater Vehicle Console (UVC): Operation, run mission, remote control
- 800 W hrs. of rechargeable Lithium-Ion batteries (Swappable section)
- Intel Dual-Core 1.6 GHz N2600 processor with MS Windows embedded; Up to 512 GB solid-state drive for data storage
- 48 V Servo Controlled DC Motor with three-blade cast bronze propeller
- Four independent control planes (Pitch/Yaw Fins)
- 24 V External Connector with USB 2.0 Support
Sonar Side Scan
- Edgetech 2205: Dual-frequency 400/900 kHz or 600/1600 kHz
- Klein UUV-3500: Dual-frequency 455/900 kHz
- Tritech Starfish: Single-frequency 450 kHz
Interferometric Co-Registered Sonar
- Edgetech 2205B: Swath bathymetry 600 kHz
- Klein UUV-3500B: Swath bathymetry 455 kHz
Inertial Navigation System
- INS based on iXBlue PHINS Compact C3 fiber-optic gyroscope
- Conductivity and temperature (NBOSI)
- Sound velocity probe (AML)
- Surface: 2.4 GHz telemetry radio for handheld remote and/or Iridium with cloud-based tracking software
- Subsurface: Acoustic modem: (Benthos or WHOI)
Embedded Camera Module
- Downlooking Mako-G-234C (Color) Camera with strobe lighting
Topside Deck Box
- Surface equipment for subsurface comms with Benthos Acoustic Modem option
Handheld Remote Controller
- Touch screen based remote with joystick for surface control (300+ m range)
GoPro-based camera system
- Still or video includes LED lighting and processing software
- Underwater locator beacon
Rugged Transit Case
- Includes custom foam inserts for Iver3 and collapsible AUV field stand
- Support for towed Marine Magnetics Explorer
Field Rugged Operator Console
- Getac for mission planning, operating and data viewing
GPS Compass Stand
- High-accuracy, land based AUV calibration tool
Object Avoidance Sounder
- Imagenex 852 forward-looking echo sounder in AUV bow
Launch and Recovery Device
- Capture cocoon
- Iver3 spares kit, swappable battery section with tail
The Iver3 Autonomous Underwater Vehicle remote helm functionality provides an open system interface, which allows users to easily integrate their own sensors, and take full control over the vehicle in real time.
Specifications subject to change without notice. Call for latest revision. All brand names and product names referenced are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade names of their respective holders.